Illinois has the most diverse economy in America...with the fifth highest GDP in the nation. This dynamic Midwest state is consistently one of the Top Manufacturing, Foreign Investment, Logistics, and Exporting states in the USA. Home to 34 Fortune 500 companies, 12 Fortune Global 500 companies, and more than 400 major corporate Headquarters, Illinois is considered a mecca for Business Growth.
Advantage: North Central Illinois
Profit-making businesses are taking advantage of the strategic location, world-class infrastructure, outstanding transportation, well-educated workforce, innovative technology sector, and proven advanced manufacturing success.
- Third Largest Intermodal Port in the World - just 60 minutes from North Central Illinois Region
- Number One Distribution Logistics Location in the United States
- 42 percent of North American consumers are less than a 2 day's drive
- 29 percent of North American Industry is within 1 day's truck delivery
- Number one largest producer of agricultural products in the USA
- Highest Education Ratios in the Midwest
The Illinois Department of Commerce has identified six industries for targeted growth in the state.
Click here for more information from the Illinois Department of Commerce